Summer is here and our fabulous beaches beckon! How comfortable do you feel in your swimwear? This post will help find the best swimwear brands for you.
It's no secret that all women feel more confident and relaxed when their swimwear fits well and flatters their shape. If you've never tried swimwear with cup-sized support, you are in for a wonderful surprise! All of the styles at Brava offer cup-sized support - including one-piece swimsuits, tankinis and bikinis. Thanks to the incredible support and shape, your confidence will lift, your shoulders will relax and your head will be held high!
Designed to enhance your figure and raise confidence, there are some amazing designs from Miraclesuit Swimwear that are true to their advertising 'Lose 10lbs in 10 seconds' - they flatter, make you look slimmer and are incredibly elegant. One-piece swimsuits don't have to be boring - a great one-piece with a plunging neckline can be drop-dead sexy! We have a range of gorgeous, fun and flirty designs from brands such as Moontide, Fantasie, Prima Donna Swim and
Brava Lingerie Tips:
- Look for a suit with gathered fabric at the waist or tummy area; it will create a flattering division between your bust and hips.
- Solid colours with some interesting details will flatter your curves if you would like to minimise your shape.
- A high-cut leg will accentuate the natural curves of your hips.
A fantastic solution, tankinis offer the convenience of a bikini without the exposure. If you're not quite confident enough to wear a bikini, the tankini is your new best friend! Offering extra coverage of the tummy area, some have soft ruching and contrasting panels that smartly divert the eye and you can also mix and match the bottoms you wear. Brava stocks a wide range of stylish tankinis for the fuller bust from popular brands like Elomi, Fantasie Swim, Curvy Kate, Panache and more in D-K cup sizes.
The answer for mums who want to look good while chasing their toddlers on the beach is a tankini as it beautifully covers the bits of their body that are changing. They feel supported and look amazing without the restrictions of
- Pair a bright coloured or patterned tankini top with a solid colour bottom. This is particularly good for women who are pear-shaped as it draws the eye upward.
- Look for a flattering tankini with a halter top, like Sundance by Freya, or for those seeking more structure and support Panache and Curvy Kate have designed tankinis up to a K cup.
If you can't go past a bikini, there's a myriad of beautiful styles and brilliant colours in the latest season collections and some now go right up to K Cup. For inspiration, have a look at the latest styles from Marvell Lane, Prima Donna, Freya, Elomi, Curvy Kate and Panache. With sizes ranging from 6-22 & D-K cup, we're sure to have something perfect for you.
- Halter styles offer lift and support, whilst also giving the appearance of a lengthened torso. Have a look at the Sundance Halter Bikini by Freya.
- Styles which tie around the neck offer you the ability to adjust your fit and give
extralift when needed. For women who find halternecks uncomfortable, the fuller cup style is designed to support with shoulder straps that are fully adjustable.
- If you're pear-shaped, try matching an eye-catching bikini top with a solid colour bottom.
If we can learn to accept ourselves as we are, and see that valuable time is passing us by while we fret about things we cannot change, we can then focus on all the things we are blessed with. A lovely smile is a great start; we agree with the unknown author who said, "I've never seen a smiling face that was not beautiful".
Finding the best swimwear brands for your shape is very doable...
So don't just sit there on the sand or by the pool.
Get out there and enjoy yourself this summer!
P.S. We've just opened our new store in Camberwell, Victoria!
Drop in to browse the latest swim styles and get fitted into the perfect set for summer. You can also visit a Brava store in Sydney (NSW), Prahran (Vic), Melbourne CBD (Vic), Highpoint (Vic) and Hampton (VIC). View Our Store Locations.
If you can't visit us in-store we're happy to help you with fitting advice via our Virtual Fitter or by phone or email.
Note: This post was originally published in January 2012 and has been updated with the latest information & styles in 2020.