Well, summer is here and our fabulous beaches beckon! How comfortable do you feel in your swimwear?At Brava we can't help noticing that most women focus on the parts of their bodies they don't like, which are usually invisible to everybody else. Your body image is a reflection of how you perceive, think and feel about your body. This often has no bearing at all on your actual appearance. It is common for women to believe they are larger than they really are.
It's no secret that all women feel more confident and relaxed when their swimwear fits well and flatters their shape. If you've never tried swimwear with cup-sized support, you are in for a wonderful surprise! All of the styles at Brava offer cup-sized support - including one-piece swimsuits, tankinis and bikinis. Thanks to the incredible support and shape, your confidence will lift, your shoulders will relax and your head will be held high!
Designed to enhance your figure and raise confidence, there are some amazing designs from Miraclesuit that are true to their advertising 'Lose 10lbs in 10 seconds' - they flatter, make you look slimmer and are incredibly elegant. One-piece swimsuits don't have to be boring - a great one-piece with a plunging neckline can be drop-dead sexy! We have a range of gorgeous, fun and flirty designs from brands such as Freya, Fantasie, Prima Donna and Panache in D-K cup sizes.
- Look for a suit with gathered fabric at the waist or tummy area; it will create a flattering division between your bust and hips.
- Solid colours with some interesting details will flatter your curves if you would like to minimise your shape.
- A high-cut leg will accentuate the natural curves of your hips.
The answer for mums who want to look good while chasing their toddlers on the beach is a tankini as it beautifully covers the bits of their body that are changing. They feel supported and look amazing without the restrictions of a one piece.
- Pair a bright coloured or patterned tankini top with a solid colour bottom. This is particularly good for women who are pear-shaped as it draws the eye upward.
- Look for a flattering tankini with a halter top, like Pier by Freya, or for those seeking more structure and support Panache and Fantasie have designed tankinis up to a J cup.
- Halter styles offer lift and support, whilst also giving the appearance of a lengthened torso. Have a look at the Sundance Halter Bikini by Freya.
- Styles which tie around the neck offer you the ability to adjust your fit and give extra lift when needed. For women who find halternecks uncomfortable, the fuller cup style is designed to support with shoulder straps that are fully adjustable.
- If you're pear-shaped, try matching an eye-catching bikini top with a solid colour bottom.
Don't just sit there on the sand or by the pool, get out there and enjoy yourself this summer!P.S. We've just opened our new store in Hampton, Victoria! Drop in to browse the latest swim styles and get fitted into the perfect set for summer. You can also visit a Brava store in Prahran (Vic), Melbourne (Vic), Highpoint (Vic) and in Sydney (NSW). View our website for store locations. If you can't visit us in-store we're happy to help you via phone or email with fitting advice.
Note: This post was originally published in January 2012 and has been updated with the latest information & styles in December 2017.