Whether you're headed to the local beach or an exotic tropical destination, one of the most important items you'll need (besides SPF and a hat) is swimwear. Let's face it; many women detest shopping for swimwear and look forward to it as much as a trip to the dentist. The idea of stripping down in a brightly lit change room, putting on a swimsuit or bikini, and seeing your reflection in all its glory in the huge mirror is a little bit of a turn-off. Unless you're blessed with a figure like Miranda Kerr, which 99% of us aren't!
Good news - this summer brings a range of swimwear to embrace all shapes and sizes. We all know that not every style will flatter every figure. But amongst all of the fabulous trends this year there's something just for you. At Brava we believe that comfort should be the main goal and it need never be sacrificed for a fashionable style!
Waist cinchingWaist-cinching is a very feminine way to enhance your shape. Miraclesuit can really help you achieve this; their innovative fabric has three times the amount of spandex (for a super-slimming effect).
Unique PrintsSolid colours will always be a mainstay, but for something a bit more exciting try mixing & matching your prints for a whimsical, highly-original set. Pattern choices abound from geometric, kaleidoscope, tribal & oriental-inspirations.
ContrastThere's nothing more chic than the simplicity of black & white contrasting fabric. Fabulous styles incorporating this trend include Duzette Tankini by Miraclesuit, and the La Lola Swimsuit or Casablanca Frills Swimsuit by Baku.
NauticalEmbracing navy and red colours, you'll want to sail away in the stripes and anchor prints inspired by the nautical trend. Check out the Panache Stella Bandeau Bikini, or the Jets Momentum Bikini or Tankini.
VintageChanneling the bombshells of the 1950s, vintage-inspired swimwear is playful & sexy. Many designers are infusing vintage-inspired details into modern swimwear - using vintage prints (think gingham or Hawaiian), halters, or high-waist bottoms.
RufflesIf you like your swimwear to be distinctly feminine, a ruffled bikini, tankini or swimsuit may be your perfect match this summer. The Freya Kansas Halter Bikini is simply divine. Or flaunt the colours of paradise in the Baku Paradiso Bikini top. Baku Casablanca Frills are a fabulous option if you prefer a one-piece suit.
Our recommendations for your body shape:
- Fuller figure - Embrace vintage trends and show off your curves, rather than trying to hide them. Try halternecks, or Miraclesuit swimwear to pull in your waist.
- Pear shape - Ruffles can add volume to your bust to balance your shape. Also try cupped styles with padding.
- Triangle shape - Use ruffles on your bottom half to balance your hips with your bust. Try structured styles with in-built support, or halternecks.
- Short legs - Match a plain colour bottom with a patterned bikini top to lengthen your legs and draw attention upwards. Avoid boy-short style bottoms, and try high-cut thighs.
- Athletic figures - Try out the many feminine, statement styles of swimwear that show off your toned body. Freya Pheonix Bikini or Fantasie Aruba Bikini could be just right.
All women feel more confident and relaxed when their swimwear fits well and flatters their shape. If you've never tried swimwear with cup-sized support, you are in for a wonderful surprise!
All of the swimwear at Brava offer D+ cup-sized support - including one-piece swimsuits, tankinis, bikinis and three-piece swimsuits. Offering incredible support and shape, your confidence will lift, your shoulders will relax and your head will be held high. Don't just sit there on the sand or by the pool, get out there and enjoy yourself this summer!