Launched in 2014, the Freya Active Epic Moulded Crop Top Sports Bra is a high performance sports bra favourite at Brava - for both our customers and our bra fitters. Freya spent six years developing the Epic Moulded Crop Top Sports Bra specifically for larger cups, working with the University of Portsmouth's breast health specialist team to ensure that it reduces strain, pain and movement during exercise, and we're really impressed with the support that it offers - the results of their intensive research shows that this sports bra reduces breast movement by 97%!
AUS 6 - 18 (UK 28 - 40), D - H cups
Electric Black, with fashion colours available seasonally
With the crop top stylings of this sports bra, you will have every reason to show it off whilst working out! Because it's an encapsulation style of sports bra with an underwire, the Freya Active Epic Moulded Crop Top Sports Bra will still give you a great shape underneath clothing too. We find that this sports bra works well for women with softer breast tissue or those who have lost some fullness to the top of their bust as it is specifically designed to support the upper breast. The cups are made from a moulded foam that never feels too heavy or adds bulk, plus the fabric is designed to wick moisture from the skin and feels incredibly soft whilst wearing. The underwires are also cut in a low oval shape, bringing the wires back lower under the arm to reduce pressure against the body.
What customers like:
- J-hook on straps for easy conversion to racerback
- Antibacterial fabric to prevent bad odours (but we still recommend regular handwashing!)
- Graded hook and eye width - D cups have 2 hooks, DD and E cups have 3 hooks, and larger cups have 4 hooks for extra support
- Adjustable padded straps for comfort, graded by cup size
- The cup is a little generous, if you're in between cup sizes, you may fit better into a smaller cup
What customers dislike:
- In larger cup sizes, the bust can be pulled out to the sides, rubbing along the arms whilst running
- If you struggle with straps that have a short adjustability, this bra may only be suitable for you in the racerback position
- Cup can be a little pointy in shape (but it's a perky and uplifted shape!)
The Freya Active Moulded Crop Top has become one of our go-to sports bras for fitting thanks to its fantastic support, convertible racerback straps and great coverage and shape. We highly recommend this style for high impact activities, especially for larger cup sizes.