Bra Review - Empreinte Melody Full Cup Bra (0786)
The Empreinte Melody Full Cup is a luxurious, elegant and stylish bra that is perfect for everyday wear. Empreinte is well known in Europe for specialising in large cup lingerie and is becoming increasingly popular in Australia. Empreinte has been producing bras for over 60 years, and the beautiful Melody is their signature style.
8-14 D-G, 16-18 D-F
This bra ticks so many boxes! We often get requests for seamfree T-shirt bras without any foam padding and Melody is a winner. The cups are made from a semi-sheer moulded floral lace that gives a subtle and natural uplifted shape. We also love the comfort features of this bra - the padded straps on some bras can look frumpy but Melody carries them with style. The band is also broader than most which gives a smooth line across the back. In the D cups it has two hook and eyes in the band, all other cup sizes have three hooks. The cup sizing is also a little generous and we often find that a G cup can accommodate someone who would normally wear a GG in other styles. If you're in between cup sizes, we would recommend trying the smaller size.
What customers like
- Bandless - we find that bandless bras are perfect for short waisted women where bulky bands can dig in and cause discomfort.
- Smooth, rounded cup that still offers forward projection and gives a narrow silhouette.
- Choice of colours - Melody is available in black, caramel and ivory as part of our ongoing collection, but also comes in some seasonal fashion colours.
- Padded straps - the wide straps are centrally positioned on the shoulders and are lightly padded for comfort.
- Side boning - Melody has a small piece of boning on the sides to hold the bra flush against the skin.
What customers dislike
- Straps have a shortened adjustability length due to the padding. However, they also have low elasticity so they won't stretch further over time.
- Some women can find that the moulded lace cup can be a little scratchy, but we find that this softens after a little wearing and washing.
- Sheer cup - the cup is not revealing but not everyone is comfortable with the sheerness.
- Cup sizing - as mentioned above, the cup sizing is generous but only goes up to a G. We would love to see a larger cup so we can offer this to more of our customers!
- Can fit a little loose across the band - due to the high quality materials however, we find that Empreinte bras do not stretch nearly as quickly as other brands.
As Empreinte is a European brand, you might find their cup sizing a little different as they don't produce DD, FF or GG cups - if one of these is your regular cup size, we would usually recommend that you choose the D, F or G cup for the best fit. If you're within the size range, we would definitely recommend giving Melody a try - you might just find your new favourite bra!